I'm teaching a class at local community colleges and centers based on the article I wrote (See Article page on this website). Let me know if you would like me to present this information on Family and Friend Support using the "Coach Approach'" to your group. Go to the page on this website entitled, "More", and click on "Course offering" for more details. Here's the course outline:
Family and Friend Support Using the “Coach Approach”
Instructor: Deb Brown
* Keep in mind the 3 main tenets of the coach approach:
1. Be present and listen 100%.
2. Ask questions based on the person’s thoughts vs. pass judgment/give advice so person can discover answers inside
and own them.
3. Be nice with words, body language and tone of voice.
* Self-Care discussion: Who leads you in to the world, your ego or your higher self?
* Listening with the heart (80% listening and 20% talking)
* Asking Powerful questions (follow the person'a thoughts and energy)
* Life's flowchart (Soul carries the potential, mind carries the intention, brain produces the result.)
* Creating the Life you want (being mindful)
Authors you may enjoy:
Wayne Dyer Marianne Williamson Deepak Chopra
Caroline Myss Eckhart Tolle Alan Seale
International Coach Academy (ICoachAcademy.com)
Transformational Presence Coaching (transformationalpresence.org)
Create A World That Works, Alan Seale